Specialist Post-16 Provision
At Impington International College, we offer the following programmes:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme
- Extended BTECs
- The Performance School
- Sports Scholarship Programmes
A two-year full-time course for post-16 students, formerly known as IDEAL. It is a specialist provision for young people who have an Education Health and Care Plan.
It is targeted towards young people who are working towards entry level 2/3 qualifications, independence and the acquisition of key life skills.
The course supports young people to develop independence, make informed decisions about their life and future, develop entrepreneurial skills, access employment, and enjoy both leisure and learning.
The course provides a challenging yet nurturing environment where young people have a voice, develop as individuals and make progress in skills for life. Students are supported to gain qualifications, build up a portfolio of strengths, make friends and find suitable employment or courses in further education.
Students have access to a small and supportive base, which includes classrooms, ICT facilities, social areas and a well-equipped kitchen. This is situated within the larger environment of an inclusive mainstream secondary school, international sixth form and community sports centre. Therefore students are a part of a larger, thriving community, and benefit from the associated additional facilities (including a swimming pool and gym, garden, dance studios, library) and social opportunities.
While the individual needs and goals of each young person will be discussed and taken into account in the planning and delivery of the curriculum, the information below is broadly representative.
All students will take part in:
- Work and employability skills (including ICT and enterprise)
- Weekly enrichment experiences (iCAS – Impington Creativity Activity Service, delivered vertically with years 7-14 and offering a large range of choices)
- Service, delivered vertically with years 7-14 and offering a large range of choices)
- Tutor time
- PE and swimming
- Community access and independent travel
- Independent leisure/study time
- ASDAN Personal and Social Development (Entry 2)
- Work skills (Level 1)
- Two option choices (see below)
All students will choose from two of the following options:
- Art & Design
- Catering and Hospitality
- Sports and Active Leisure
- Performing Arts
Additional opportunities and bespoke support
The following can be discussed and organised on an individual basis:
- Specific interventions/support as outlined in EHCP
- Work experience
- Sports scholarships
- Transition planning and support for opportunities post-6th form/college
- Duke of Edinburgh
- National Citizenship Service
- Range of clubs and trips