IB and Ofsted evaluation
We are delighted to share the findings of our IB evaluation from 2019. The outcome of this visit, based on the 78 principles and practices considered, were:
- 90% receiving a commendation (areas of excellence compared to the thousands of IB World Schools globally) or satisfactory (in line with rigorous expectations of the IB)
- Less than 10% (5) recommendations (small aspects of practice or procedure that could be enhanced to improve provision)
- All of the College community value international-mindedness, live the attributes of the IB learner profile and sustain a pervasive atmosphere of understanding and respect
- The governing body and the leadership team show an understanding of, and passionate commitment to, the IB philosophy and the DP and CP
- Parents and teachers strongly confirm their commitment to the College’s decision and recognise the positive impact that the IB programmes have on the students’ attitudes, learning and expectations
- Attributes of the IB learner profile are embedded in the teaching and learning, as well as approaches to learning skills
- The IB philosophy is embedded in the teaching and learning, and engages students as inquirers and thinkers
- There is outstanding provision and support for all students at the College
- Teaching addresses a diversity of student language needs and fosters critical thinking and reflection. Assessment practices and feedback follow well-established and effective processes and are understood and appreciated by students and parents
- Conversations with the pedagogical leadership team and staff show that they understand the structure of the IB programmes, the student-centred concept of the programmes and the implications of the implementation of the programmes for the school. The College demonstrates a commitment to inquiry-based learning and the development of critical-thinking skills
Download the evaluation report here.
View the findings from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in 2019, below.
- The sixth form has an international dimension and most students take the IB. Students join from different schools and different countries and they integrate well
- Students achieve well in their studies because the strengths in curriculum planning and teaching, evident in key stages 3 and 4, continue into the sixth form
- Students are safe from intolerance and unkindness
- Students are polite and attentive and are confident to share their ideas in front of others. Students listen, work and learn well
- Leaders and teachers have high expectations of what students should achieve and staff adopt their teaching methods to be inclusive and to make sure all students benefit from high-quality provision.
Download the Ofsted Inspection report here.